Friday, November 14, 2008

Friends

As life moves on we have a lot people that we met. That we interact with. That we must talk to. We sometimes don`t want to know someone but we do. These people become, our friends, relatives, bullies, just people we know, class mates, and many other things. One of the must important people that we know are our friends. Friendships can gone on for forever or even just as short as an hour. We make a lot of friends here in this life. Some we regret others we`re grateful for years to come and even into the eternities. If even of you are like me you have a whole bunch of groups of friends. Me for example have some from elementary school, junior high and high school. But surprisingly enough as it is each school I had different friends. I would always make friends with people who didn`t continue going to the same school as me. Yeah it made it a little hard to adjust but I met a lot of new people which I am very thankful for. Like to going to BYU not knowing a soul in my hall. Then I met a lot of great people. So everything always works out for the better. The wierdest was metting people who went to BYU in Recife. Well at least I saw them on campus. And there they were in Recife serving their missions. Yeah the strangest thing.
Have a lot of different circles of friends is something that is quite useful. All my freinds from my Caculus class can help me with math and stuff. My computer friends from my various computer classes help me with my video game cravings....lol and help me with my computer problems. MY friends from other places help me with all the other things. So when I have certain issues I know whom I need to contact. And they always know that they can contact me. But as we know as time goes along we all seem to either draw closer or farther apart. We can`t stay where we are. So we have to make an active choice to keep in contact or to not. This is when we learn who are our true friends. The ones that will stick with us through thick and thin. Life does has its twists and turns. Friends come and friends go, if you lose them there are more fish in the sea. There are a few other billion to choose from. Of course none of them are the same. Each is special in their own way. God has a plan for each of them and for you.
I remember one of my friend from being younger, we would do stuff all the time. We did so much stuff. Sleep out in his home-made fort, ride our bikes together, do scouting stuff, and I even did a front flips on my bike with him. The funnies thing I can remember that happened was that Drew got mad at him and threw a canning jar at his neck. Yeah I got pretty mad afterwards but that`s all in the past. Well after a few years he made away. I visited him every now and then. But as time went on we lost contact. Later I found out that he was into drugs and some other problems. I made me really sad to see my old friend in the situation. It makes me wonder if I was still his friend what would have happened. Maybe I could have helped him stay out of that stuff, or I could have been pulled into it. Who knows? I had anohter best friend, we went to Junior High together and always were together. We`d watch Dragon Ball Z at his house everyday and play together all day. We were the best of friends. As time went on we went to High School, I stopped seeing him, and he dropped out and he fell into drugs and some other things. Another I see this happen to. There was nothing that I could do.
Friends influence us for the good or for bad, that`s why our parents told us to be careful about our friends. I`m sure as you look back on your life you can see the influence of your friends that they had on you. They make you or break you. You`ll see the habits you picked up from them, the little quirks they have. Just remember imitation is must sincere for of flattery. ^_^
Yesterday we had a great suprise party for Owen`s birthday. I mean it was quite the suprise having your birthday party a day early. Greg his brother, I call him the Wookie, kept him busy as we got everything ready and they got there and suprise!. It was good stuff. I mean I`m not quite sure how Owen felt, but I`m sure he felt good. I wouldn`t know no one ever threw me a suprise party. Nor do I want them do, I`m afraid I`d wet myself, lol, jk. That`s what friends are for though.
The title of friend is has a different value changing from person to person. I hold people in high esteem if they are my friends. Like on Facebook all the people I have on there I really consider my friends, ok not all but most. It`s really to identify a best friend for me, because it seems I have so many. Well at least I don`t have a lack of them..lol.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Jake! it's good to see that you're keeping the ol' blog up to date. haha, i'm afraid mine is cast away on the wayside. maybe i should write something. maybe not. but thanks again for being my friend and for the gift, that was awfully nice of you. and do you remember that time i sneezed on you? hahah. you must be a true friend if you stick around after being sneezed on. haha.