Friday, August 11, 2006

Stormy Weather

Imagine a nice sunny day. The sky is a grogeous blue. The sun beaming down and your tanning skin. A nice breeze blows by. Can it get any better? You bet, that's way too boring. You need a nice lightning storm. Some hail would be nice too. Even some big gusts of wind. Now that's exciting. It's fun weather to watch, and to be in usually. I still like to walk home in the rain. It's just so much fun, and feels so good. Some people would say, then take a shower. Pssshhh that's not nearly as good. Being out in a rain storm is so much more enjoyable. Just a little scary when you hear some really close lightning. Cause you might die like my ancestor Benjamin Franklin Stewart. He was struck by lightning while in his carriage, outside his house. The town Benjamin, Utah is named after him. That's my claim to fame.

Have you imagined yourself flying around like in the movies where the wind is so strong it picks you up. You're holding onto lamp posts and other things to keep from flying into space? I have I think it sounds fun. But it sounds a little dangerous, so I'll save that for how I'll die. Have you noticed that even with the lights rain under the right roofing it sounds like it's pouring? Yeah it makes it seem really dreary. Not a good thing for you when camping. Except it makes you really happen when it stops. But you do tend to get giant pills of mud on your shoes when that happens. But who cares right? It stopped raining. Lost yet? Welcome to my life.

A good snowstorm is fun as well. Like the one day I walked home from the testing center in shorts and sandals. In my denfence it wasn't when I went in. And as I walked out I show a reporter and her cameraman. I was so tempted to walk behind her but I figured, that it would take to long. But I got a few wierd looks from people on my way back to the dorms, the 3 other crazy people out in the storm. I'm known as a polar bear to most people. Mostly cause I enter places all white from the snow. Yeah I usually have steam coming off my head when I come in when it's cold outside. Doesn't happen much now, but it happened all the time when I was younger.

I can't say I've had any close experience with lightning, but people I know have some pretty close encounters. My uncle was backpacking in Mammoth and he was in a big meadow with one tree in it, and then it started to rain and thunder, so he quickly got out of there. I think that would be pretty scary. Especially when it's the 3rd day of your 5 day trip. Remember being as a child that when you heard thunder you had take into account your shoe size for how far away it is. Now that seems so dumb. Your feet have nothing to do with your hearing. I mean come on. It's more likely your ring size is more likely to effect it.

No hurricanes or tornadoes under my belt either. I mean I live in utah, our tornadoes are practically none existent. I have had plenty of earthquakes, but I don't think that involves the weather.

Jake wins.

No comments: